Pal/Med provides e-prescribing services powered by NewCrop. E-Prescriptions are sent directly from the physician's computer to the patient's pharmacy of choice. The e-prescribing portion of the software checks the patient's emr for information pertinent to the drug being prescribed. It automatically checks for dangerous drug-drug and drug-allergy interactions, eliminates the use of hand written prescriptions and presents patient-specific medication histories from community pharmacies and payer sources to physicians in real-time at the physician's office. These features and others reduce the risk of medication errors and the potential for fraud or tampering and potentially increase patient adherence.
- Reduces risk of medication errors - due to handwriting or pharmacy re-keying errors
- Reduces potential for fraud or tampering - by eliminating handwritten or printed prescriptions
- Checks for drug allergy and interactions - utilizing patient medication history
- Real-time access to economic alternatives for the patient
- Patient formulary and eligibility
- Reduces pharmacy callbacks
- Opportunity to improve patient adherence
NewCrop is an ASP-model system, delivered over the Internet. No dedicated hardware or software is required beyond a high-speed connection (including wireless, access from multiple offices, home, on-call.) Dial-up can provide access at low speed and without networking capability.
Copyright 2011: Pal/Med Development. Electronic Medical Record Software. All rights reserved.
3129 Blattner Drive
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703-6364