The patient portal is an important tool benefiting both the physician and the patient. The portal can enhance or even replace conventional means of communication between the patient and the physician's office. Utilizing the power of the internet, communication between doctor and patient becomes more efficient. The portal provides the patient with a convenient, secure line of communication for everything from submitting new patient information to requesting prescription refills. Patients may also view portions of their medical record as defined by the physician.
Patient Portal at a Glance:
- Reduces postage and printing costs - Patients can opt out of a paper bill in favor of an e-bill.
- New Patient Information - New patients can provide medical history, responsible party and insurance information prior to their appointment. This information imported directly into the patients EMR.
- Facilitates online payments - Accessing their account through a secure online connection, patients can update payment and insurance information or make a payment.
- Patients can update demographic and insurance info -
- Improves patient care - Email reminders of appointments, immunizations, FAA flight physicals, sports physicals, mammograms and flu shots. Patients can request refills on prescriptions and request appointments.
- Communication and Marketing - Stay in touch with patients through e-newsletters containing relevant preventive care information or to announce changes in staff such as the addition of a new physician or nurse practitioner.
- No additional hardware needed - The patient portal utilizes the Internet so any patient with an Internet connection can access the portal from anywhere in the world.
- Meeting Meaningful Use - The Pal/Med Patient Portal meets the requirements for "meaningful use".
Copyright 2011: Pal/Med Development. Electronic Medical Record Software. All rights reserved.
3129 Blattner Drive
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703-6364